Our purpose is to serve Jesus Christ with such devotion that everyone will know the love of God and His Son, Jesus Christ. Worship services and church activities are open to everyone. It is our intent to share a ministry of love and compassion that will strengthen the lives of all people. Our desire is to serve our Risen Lord, to minister faithfully in the community, and to give all honor and glory to God, Our Heavenly Father. To God Be the Glory!
Our Mission/Service & Outreach Committee supports the following local missions:
- DOT’s Kitchen: Serving meals to homeless in Oconee County
- Oconee United Ministries: Support the Homeless
- Foothills Care Center: Pregnancy, new mother and infant care
- Presbyterian Communities of SC: Support nursing home clients
- Safe Harbor of Oconee County: Support for victims of domestic violence
- Salvation Army: Provide food and services for the poor and homeless; volunteer for bell ringing at Christmas
- Fair Play Fire Department: Support local fire department
- Thornwell Home for Children: Provide home and education for homeless children
- Our Daily Bread/Feed the 5000: Provide turkeys to the poor
- Red box food contributions: Donations to support local food banks
- Community Needs Box in church pavilion: Residents of our community may submit requests for personal/family needs, which our church will attempt to fulfill
Our Congregational Care and Community Outreach Committee sponsors the following community outreach events/activities.
- Sunday morning fellowship and coffee time (30 min prior to Sunday worship services)
- Community Prayer Box
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Fall Festival
- Christmas Parade participant
If you are interested in serving, please contact the chairman of the Mission/Service & Outreach Committee or the Congregational Care and Community Outreach Committee.